Skip to main content

New beginnings.

"Find a job you'll enjoy and be happy with in life!" They say...
 ** You consider a couple different options and find something you're interested in..**
"Well that won't make good money." They say..
"Find a job you'll enjoy and be happy with in life!" They say...
 ** You consider a couple of different options and find something you're interested in..**
"Well that won't make good money." They say..

            In my opinion,  I would much rather do something I enjoy and love rather than
having a bunch of money and work a job that I hate.. because the best things in life
are not bought with money. The best things in life are not things, and if you want to
 do something really bad, then do it.. because those who love and care for you will want
what is best for you and what makes you the happiest. If you have to go through a few
different things to find what you enjoy the most, then do it.  I'd rather have the happiness
 in life, traveling, cooking,  playing/writing music, and chillen' with orphans rather than
being unhappy with life.  It frustrates me that this materialism and money worth has taken
 over happiness. I've decided to take a year off and go to Italy before uni & college, while others
 are already there gaining some new experiences!  You can make a living doing whatever  the heck you want as long as you care about that and really have a dream that you wish to pursue, so when people really try and push my hopes down the drain, it really only gives me more motivation , so thanks :).

             While everyone may be planning on pursuing the things they have signed up for, others may not end up doing that. As for myself, I have ideas of what I might want to do.. But I am not even sure what to do yet.  Instead of heading straight to school, using up money when I am not sure yet, I thought .. HEY , why not travel first while I can?! :D So, as for now I have mixed emotions. I leave Wednesday for Italy for an entire year, alone.. and not completely knowing the language or any people there. It's so tough leaving all that you know to somewhere else.  It's going to be a bit like Africa, going alone and starting over. I really will miss everyone, but I can't exactly pass this up seeing as i've worked so hard for it. It's Monday and it still doesn't feel real. I feel kind of crazy for just peacing off to another foreign country, but I have a serious case of the travel bug.  Last time, it was a year in Africa, now.. a year in Italy, am I insane? Maybe :) But that's alright, i'll have some new beginnings, and i'll be able to grow. Since Africa, I have been able to catch up enough to graduate High School because I did extra work, went in every week for extra work.. etc (While only attending for 3 1/4 years out of 4) and I have had 2 different jobs just to save up for Italy. I worked at Sobeys all year, then at Camp Wildwood teaching about Hunger in Africa to the kids. My parents can't afford to help pay anything, so I have basically saved enough for a ticket, visa, and insurance. Which is all I need besides spending money, but oh well!  It's been super tough but I can't believe I have made it this far. It's been helpful with my Parents helping me with paperwork, but costs are expensive and life gets tough with that. (Frustrating.. that money stuff. ) Anywho, I will try and update on the plane, but for now.. Let the new adventures begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog