Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 73

Day 73 : 
Today we had to go back down to the village. Dad had to work in the garden with the guys, but we headed down to go look around and see if we could get something for Dad for Christmas. We  look a some of the stands, and finally we found these cool mini pots where you can make some Chapatis on. We decided we would get it tomorrow, and after we had to go and get some things to cook for supper. Once we got back with our veggies, we went out back to the mango farm (Behind our house) and went to the avocado tree. Mom wanted to have some with supper, but the market people did not have any ripe. So I got my fancy throwing stick and attempted hitting one down. (Although I tried and mainly got small ones).. As I was throwing it up another time, I got my stick stuck in the tree, I then threw some old mangos off of the ground up trying to get it out, and some other sticks as well.. and with my luck, I got those sticks stuck too... OH JOY D:< ! Since I usually climb trees .. seeing as my camp name is Koala .. ( My summer job), I decided I would give it a try and climb it! But unfortunately... these trees are not like trees from home and it hurts to climb them in a t-shirt and skirt like a Koala.  I ended up scratching my arms and legs up, so we decided it was time to bring in the old Pops. Hahaha (Not actually old  just for the record Dad.. I know you're reading this) I went back changed into some shorts (Only allowed at my house) and my gumboots. We brought him out, and luckily he is still in good enough shape to climb the tree well! He went up and knocked down my  fancy stick and I threw it up to get some Avocados, and he shook the tree at the same time. (It seemed to to work because we got some down!) After this whole ordeal, we went back to make dinner and have our family time for the rest of the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog