Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 64

Day 64 : Today was the day Ben would be shooting his first video! (He wanted me in this one, but changed it to tomorrow  instead) I actually got to sleep in this morning.. and late!? Ben walked in as soon as I woke up  :p and I had given him my dads phone because he needed to call the director of the video. After he left.. He had such a busy day I did not see him!  (That's rare because Ben and I are close and always hang out)
I started the day with... well chores.. because now that both mom and dad are sick, they can't do much! ( I KNOW HOW THEY FEEL) Been there, done that! Since my malaria symptoms are gone besides feeling faint, not being very hungry, and low blood pressure.. I am able to do things! Mom started me off with wanting me to take someone with me and head to the village and pick up her dress from the dress maker and some vegetables and fruit because they need nutrition. I got some shillings and went over to the orphanage next door and asked one of the orphan girls who is a year younger than me to come with me.. "Maybe I can be a friend" , I thought! :D So I made sure Dickson gave her permission to come and instead of walking there Bonifus wanted to drive us so we got in the van with him and drove down! We got out at the dress maker's house/shop and got my mom's dress , then walked around looking for some fruit. We walked from stand to stand , and got different sorts of things.As we were at the very end of the village area out comes Bonifus on a motorcycle ready to pick us up?! haha What a guy ! :) We got on with him.. (Yes all 3 of us) and drove to get mango's  then back to the orphanage with us! Nelly (My now new friend) and I went over to my house and I got her some juice and we talked for awhile, and soon she had to be back to eat. The rest of the day I cooked up some supper and made some smoothies for my parents. ( I actually ended up eating alone because they couldn't eat).. and I spent the rest of the night having "Family time" with my parents. ("Family time " .. quotation marks because not even half of my family is here D:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog