Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 62

Day 62 :
This morning I woke up to another day.. except now.. MOM HAS MALARIA TOO. We had to leave her home and go over to the church for service in the morning. Which usually goes on until around 1 sometimes 2... Once it finished dad had gone back to stay with mom, and Ben was going to come over and pick me up at 3. He came an hour later and we headed out to his house. (He wanted to change since he'd be performing) We chatted with his family.. (Well mostly them because I don't know how to understand all of Swahili but they did talk to me) and then we headed over to an outdoor stage/church thing! There would be a concert there with a famous Kenyan singer that Ben knows and his producer singing along with Ben doing his songs.  I got introduced to Dan and a few others , and everyone was SUPER friendly.. seeing as I was the only white person there.Soon the fun started and the producer started getting everyone up and dancing.After he finished, Dan (The singer) got up and sang and got everyone dancing and having a dance contest. (Luckily I was not picked on..this time) Ben went up after and everyone burst out into dance for him! THEY LOVE HIM! He's a natural... going places! After a bit.. I had no clue what was really going on because the producer Meja was talking swahili.. when out of no where I heard him say my name "Chelsey! Chelsey! ..You know, i'm not married.. ;) I'm not taken, not married.. I'm looking! I keep looking in front of me! I am looking for a wife still you know! Keep that in mind." And of course , I burst out laughing and so did everyone else.. and then it got serious and back to normal again?! The performances went on.. and ..on, and soon it was getting late and we were all finished. We stopped outside to talk to people and I talked with Dan  and his producer. (his producer told me he wanted me to go back to Nairobi with me..LOL?..)They want me to go sing there and make some songs with Dan. I will be heading there in January possibly! It was now getting dark , and we had to walk back. But since Ben hates me being out after dark because of safety reasons he took a motorcycle and drove me back. We chatted for a bit back at my house and soon enough it was time to go sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog