Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 44

Day 44: I woke up this morning and got ready because we would be going into Voi to go look around and get supplies as well. We headed out and got on a Mattatu. This had to be the first Mattatu I was on that wasn't full when I got on!! We sat in the back and picked up some people on the way. As we were stopped in Mwatate there was a man there.. he seemed to creep my parents and I out very much. The man kept staring at me . He stood outside my window very close  and stared at me. Since I was trying to ignore him he starting banging furiously on my window with some anger look in his eyes. Since I still did not look he did this a few times, then stuck his head inside the van. He just stared at me without saying anything. Since I still was ignoring him he went to my mom's window and did the same he did at mine, then back to my window and etc... after a bit my dad decided he would stare him down too. The creepy man finally went away. We were stopped in this area.. which was a kind of creepy area waiting in the Mattatu for a bit, but all we wanted to do was hit the road! When we finally left it seemed the "roads" were even worse today and we were all hitting our heads and bumping each other...oh man worst ride ever. We soon arrived in Voi and got out by all the buses.We wondered around to some of the shops we had never been to. We looked around for a lot of the time we were there then got the things before we left. We got a car for the way back though because of mom's neck. We were glad to be back in the middle of nowhere , where the people are so friendly and know you. We got back and hung around with the kids the rest of the night !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog