Skip to main content

Picking a piece of my brain, take it into yours!


        Time after time, we are begged from .We are taken advantage of , SOME think  white people are lazy ,rich, and not so smart. We are not. We are working for them. And they know we are different and not on vacation like most who pass by. We want to help them. My dad sacrificed 6 months of pay to be here, and my mom is not working. I'm glad that we can change their minds about it :) . We are normal people who have dreams and hopes for Africa. For a change in this world. Anyone who can camp out, can do it. hahahah! You can't come here not knowing what to expect.  My parents and I do have days when we feel "I just wanna go home, this is horrible." But we obviously don't wanna go home, this place is just right for us. My mom has a dream to start her own orphanage with CANADIAN standards, so this is a start.


      It bothers me to walk by someone and they beg from me.  I feel sad for them, but you'd have to experience it to know.There is always this creepy old man throwing a bottle at me when I walk past him in Voi.  There's some guys who come and beg,  shaking their hand  out in our face and rubbing their tummy saying "Ohh I am so hungrryy ohhhh" But when we ask what time they woke up  it's usually after 1 pm and they  haven't even tried getting a job or waking up earlier to sell some of their own things at a stand like most do. If you're reading this and thinking "Well you're kinda being mean, that's so sad .. why don't you help them.. it's not much". Wanna know why? Well you do it once, and the next time and every time after that they follow you around begging and asking for even more. They are adults. We have not given to them once , and they stalk us to the car ,stick their hands in the window and shake it. Some days I just wanna say "GET YOUR STUPID HAND OUT OF MY FACE,STOP THROWING BOTTLES AT ME, AND GO GET A JOB LIKE EVERYONE ELSE." But obviously that'd be rude and  I most likely wouldn't do it.. But mom probably would hahahah! She has  a lot more of spoken thoughts. One day when a guy wouldn't stop harassing us and shoved his hand in our face,  so mom had put the gum from her mouth  into his hand.. and he ate it, then came back for more.. Awkward, yet sad. and slightly amusing. I mean , sure i'd help them out if they really needed it. But our time and money goes to these children, who need us. While these are grown men who can get a job. Catching my drift?


     I'd really like to show all of the tourists who drive by what the REAL world is like outside of their vans. It's just like a show for them it seems, it makes me mad. I've written on it before, but seriously they need to live here. It's a pain to have little children yelling "SWEET" when you go by, just because you are white and most of the tourists give them candy on their way. BAD IDEA,NEVER DO IT. I don't care if you think you should, give them a pair of underwear or shoes.. something they can use and won't yell out to you about. I mean, once you live here they do not do that, they love you and respect you. You have your own fan club and have them even sing you your own songs ;) or yell your name every time they see you. That's what you get instead of "SWEET" when you walk past /drive past.It's worth it. 


      I VERY MUCH dislike the corruption.  The children without parents make me sad, they are missing someone to nurture them, love them.I dislike the way they do some things. I dislike how some people try and take advantage of us.The drought is horrible. The schemes between some are so messed up. Sometimes the views they have on white people upset me.The way they call us whities is not my favourite. The government is messed up quite a bit. The violence and poverty is around. The begging is a huge pain.Sometimes I don't feel safe.Sometimes I feel like I am being watched.I miss having a lot of things, but that just makes me so thankful for everything. I miss my friends. I miss my family.I love my family. I love becoming a new me. I love knowing who my true friends now are. I love having all of these new experiences that'll be forever remembered. I love making new friends. I love the beauty in the animals. I love the beauty in the land, the trees, the plants. I love this place. I love the people. The children make my heart melt, they know how to make me smile when I miss home. I love the children. I love the smiles. I love the close village people.I love their unique sense of style. I love the way they make you feel welcome. I love their dancing.I love their music. I love their churches. I love their voices without music, their drums that are made of buckets, and their shakers made of beans and wood. I love their creativity. I love how they make due with what they have, how they are so thankful. ( Well.. depending on the people) I love how they braid each others hair. I love being able to fill in the pieces that those orphan kids are missing. I love being with them. I dislike some things sure.. But overall well.... I LOVE AFRICA. 

Comments

  1. Oh yay to start own orphanage!!!! :) We wanna help!!
    Awesome for sharing your likes and dislikes there... Thanks :):) Yeah, the begging even here bugs me too... its hard to know people's story... most can do somethign better with their time, but some really need help and it sucks to not know which is which - in africa they know that we have so much more than them, it's true that we do, but we do work here too and when youre not a tourist you dont have alot along with you to give, but to help them help themselves :) Cool you guys are helping so much :):)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog