Skip to main content

African Adventures,Day 119/120/121/122

Day 122:
Today.... is work. Schoolwork that is. Once again! I have been inside all day, doing schoolwork. YUCK. I cut some mangos up and mom made some Mango crisp, and  have been doing all the blogs that I have missed. EXCITING DAY. It's around 6 30 pm, so we'll see if I have time to see the kids or not today :)

Day 121:

Today I woke up to do more school work. We had to have an assembly, so for their breaktime I headed over and had to speak to the entire school, along with my parents and the teachers. There was one boy who we had kicked out of the school for stealing things, and wanted back in the school.. but he wouldn't take the consequences. So we spoke to the school about that kind of stuff and how they should not be stealing from us, because we are just trying to help them.. so they are basically stealing from themselves.. etc etc. After the big speeches, we split and I just headed over to play with little Ali  .  I stayed with him for some time, and talked with some of the Highschoolers, then headed back to the house. I had to work a bit more, and I guess I must have fallen asleep from staying up late to be able to talk to people from home, because I woke up later in the day ! Soon it was time for church time! We have  groups twice a week. I was sitting in and behind me there was little Mary playing with my hair for half the time, until she fell asleep. SO cute!  After church we played with the kids! We were chasing them around, tickle fights , they taught me some dance, and they had surely missed us because they were going crazy! Mom was in bed, but dad  and I were chasing them .They would run to me and hide behind me ,or make me pick them up !They had this little routine of going to me, I pick them up and bring them to my dad and we would tickle them until they would burst out laughing. SO CRAZILY ADORABLE. Ali would make me pick him up and do this airplane kind of thing and he would just laugh so hard! If I was to put him down he would be sad. After about.. a few hours of this we went outside and they were doing some kind of dance, and playing peek-a-boo. The time passed so fast since we were having fun  and they had to eat now! I talked to Bonifus (One of the older orphan guys who is my friend) for a bit, then dad and I headed back to the house to eat, and go to our rooms and relax until bed.


Day 120:

Today I woke up and did school work.. Basically my whole day was schoolwork actually.  I made some cookies partway through the day and cooked a bit .I then waited for  the kids to get home and I went to see them :)





Day 119:

A break is nice and all, but TIME TO GO HOME :) We got up and ready to get dropped at the bus slips, and there we waited . Once the bus arrived we packed out things on, and drove. Typical drive, bu driver using drugs, swirving, violent movies, people snoring.. Not bad ! hahah But seriously, not bad. We stopped halfway in time to eat lunch, then kept on driving. ... etc. We stopped in voi, got dropped there with our things and waited for a drive back home. As soon as we got back home we were unpacking and AGAIN, found more people in on our property, yay.  More discipline ! We unpacked, and went over to see the kids and play with them again. Mom and dad went down to the police, while I just stayed and played with the kids. Once they got back it was starting to get dark, so I went back to the house and .. well relax time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog