Skip to main content

African Adventures Day 127/128/129/130


Day 130:

Another walk day! Yay!  We were with Ali for the morning, and cleaning up a bit, then mom and I decided we would walk! Dad wasn't feeling well, so he stayed back. Ben was going to show us another path to walk on. We walked down to the normal area we walk, but once we got there took a different route. We walked through the trees, and past some people.. into a field. Where there my shirt zipper in the back broke and paused the walk for a bit so that I wouldn't lose my shirt.. awkwardddd! Anywho, we kept on going and met some people, past some huts, and stopped at one lady's house AGAIN? Ben got water randomly and we kept on! Then my zipper to my shirt broke again.. and we paused again to fix it.We walked and walked and then got to a bridge.. that was falling apart but if you fell it seemed far! My mom has an injury in her neck, so I did not trust that if she even had a sudden movement she could be in bed for over 2 weeks. Sure I could cross it, and maybe she could but I really didn't want to take a chance, so we did not go across or any farther. We walked through the trees a bit, again.. like a jungle, and sat down by a swamp/pond thing ! My friend Ben and my mom just chatted for some time, while I admired the view.. then we headed back! We got back to the village, and then back to the orphanage and played :)! Then after dark the night was ours!

Day 129:

Another beautiful day.. which means WALK :D  We went down to the village to go drop some of my school things to them so that they could have colouring pencils and colouring books, and then decided we would go for a walk to Ben's uncle's house. He would go show us where he had his house, because we heard it was a beautiful area. (He passed away  but he has a house there for Ben's aunt when she comes down to visit Bura) We started off our journey... We walked down past the village, and kept right onto a road, which lead by one of my parents' friends house. We walked down the same road for some time, past donkeys, people with wood on their head, people pushing carts, people walking, and soon turned onto a small path. We  randomly walked past a lady's house and said hi, then kept going. There was an opening, and as soon as we reached that opening our mouths dropped at the beauty of it. As I turn my head I see the mountains, a little fogged up but the sun is shining down on them.The trees stood high above the ground, and the path reminded me somewhat of a jungle. There was a huge field, full of green, full of small banana trees, and an open area. I could see where either a fire had started on its own from the heat, or someone had burnt something. There was a spot with ashes and a tree fallen. We kept going along the path, jumped over a dried up pond, and soon came out onto a road. There was a couple bikes that passed and dirt flew onto us, but we waved it off and walked a little bit,  and there was Ben's Uncles house.  We met the person who takes care of the house while his Aunt is gone, and he showed us out back where the Banana trees are. It was beautiful! We looked around, then went inside the house gate and sat down and talked for some time. Then... our adventure back! We walked past the same area, the view, and the lady's house once again. It seemed the walk back was shorter than the walk there. We arrived in the village, and walked back to the orphanage. We sat with the kids and played around for some time, and my friend Abraham had come. I had seen him doing flips and such, and put my jeans on and did some. We talked for a bit,  and  I found out he does Taekwondo and Yoga stuff.. and told me he wanted to teach me, so i'll be even more ninja when I get back.. WOO! I stayed with the kids until dark playing, then back to the house once again.

Day 128:

Once again... another typical day being with the children for most of the day, and going to the market/village. It fills the day up, but there's not much to say about it !



Day 127:

Today was another clean up the house/cook days. We spent the morning inside just doing things, then went down to the village once again. We  went and got some bread (Homemade guy) and to pick some things up and visit. We went out to eat together and then back to play with the kids for some time :). After that was just.. well some school work! Need to get my credits to graduate on time.. YAY!

Comments

  1. Glad I just found your blog!! I have alot to catch up on!! Dont worry about not updating often!! You're in Africa!! I think we all understand that! :) Its awesome you're able to at all. Enjoy yourself! Soon you'll be home and get to share alot of stories I hope... Oh and I wanted to say about this post - Careful with martial arts, there's alot of spiritual junk mixed in there ~ but i'm sure you already know that. Great pics! Very cool that MHS donated that tank!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog