Skip to main content

The children who show such hope in a world of darkness.

            As I feel the warmth of the small child in my arms I listen closely and can hear his heart beat. I look down to see him relaxed with his eyes closed in my arms, enjoying the embrace.I look down to see his small hands, the size of a baby's and his tiny little feet, that don't even take up my palm. The sad part is... he is 5 years old.
       His name is Alli and he is 5. When he arrived he could not walk or talk, he was extremely malnourished and sick. His brothers were taking care of him and each other because their mom was taken away because she was soso sick and sent to special care. The boys did not have food and were all alone. The police found them and brought them here.. And to this day they  are little sunshines :) . He can now walk, and talk Swahili. Although he has been sick lately, and not acting himself. We weren't really sure what was wrong because he would cry so much, and have low breathing. Although, now that he is getting treated he is finally smiling again <3 It makes my heart jump to finally see the happiness again! His mother is still VERY sick.. and we are not sure if she will make it. His family is a little light , showing that there is hope. Even after he has peed on my lap 4 times, I still love that child to death!  He would fall asleep in my arms, and I just feel so happy to see him peaceful. He probably would have never had that love. For him to go from being not able to stand up, or talk.. to talking and walking ..wobbly, is a huge step. His brothers are very small for their ages as well, but even after being through so much.. Have the biggest smiles!
      I just wanted to really share this because it really shows of a bit of what these people go through, and how there is always hope. No matter what. They have so little, but their hearts are SO big. I am in love with Africans.. and especially the children! To hear them yell" Chels, chelsss !How are you?"  Everyday, with such joy in their voices after their back-rounds of darkness gives me greater faith , and I hope for readers as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog