Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 79

Day 79 :
This morning we would be heading put of that hotel to a cheap missionary apartment. I woke up again feeling very sick.. not sure if I could even go to breakfast. HORRIBLE. I decided I would take another pill to hold me together for a bit, and went to eat. I made sure I did not take ANY meat.. I am thinking I am sick because of that. We went back and packed and made sure we had everything. We waited a bit a the desk, and soon checked out and grabbed a driver to bring us to the apartment. After a quick drive we got here.. and WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW it's so beautiful! (I can't believe how cheap it is as well! ) It sort of is like home. You never really realize HOW MUCH you miss the luxuries and everything until you get somewhere! We actually have a working oven, working internet.. And so many things we do not have back home! It's wonderful and I am SO thankful for it now. I actually had a HOT shower last night!?! With REAL water pressure! (My showers are usually not even showers.. they are basically a few drops of ice cold water over the head ;) Which I am so happy for because we were using swamp water and buckets last month) I was so excited to have a warm shower and a soft bed. I am so thankful for what I have now.. and seeing this apartment and everything is a blessing ! it is nice, but at the same time I really miss those kids and home! My parents have gone out to get somethings so that we can.. COOK :D ! Without having to use a fire, or an old stove! WE EVEN HAVE A GARBAGE DISPOSAL WHERE THEY DON'T JUST BURN THE GARBAGE. It's that exciting! My feet are clean for once :) and NOT orange from the dust!?! My parents came home after a few hours, and we all relaxed.. WITHOUT SOMEONE AT OUR HOUSE. We watched a vcr movie together.. then bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog