Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 76 .. CHRISTMAS DAY

Day 76: CHRISTMAS DAY!
I woke up early this morning and had to get all ready. It sure did not feel like Christmas AT ALL. I went out into the living room and saw my parents had put up a palm tree branch ahahaha... I guess they miss the Christmas tree part ;)! I looked under it to see maybe a couple gifts from them and I opened them up. (It was nice of them :) ) After that we went over and .. church time! It was supposed to be a short service, but ended up being quite long!  We went back to the house  a little early, because mom was not feeling well and I had to get ready for the burst of children at my door waiting for their Christmas cups. Dad soon came back, and I heard a little voice yelling my name. I looked out to see tiny little faces peeking through the gate door. I let them in and we handed them their little gifts. (Most of the kids had stuffed animals and were not sure at all what to do with them, some new underwear and some sweets I made) They went back over to the orphanage all looking and playing with the new things they got. (Not playing with underwear of course though...) We headed over with them and played with them for the rest of the day. I played peek-a-boo with this ADORABLE little girl, who loved it! They are sooo sweet! I had them all playing with my hair, paying ball, and these clapping games. Overall, it did not actually feel like Christmas AT ALL, but the highlight of the day was again.. just being with those cute little children :)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog