Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 51

Day 51 ; Today we decided we would go to Voi for the day. We waited for a Mattatu for a bit, then headed out. I squeezed in, and we soon arrived at the halfway point called Mwatate. There, I felt like I had eyes everywhere all over me.. I was sitting inside the van and looked out to a man staring at me. He had the eyes of an angry person, and I was afraid that if I was to step out of the Van he would kill me or..other things.He came up to my window, and started banging on it. I did not look, eye contact is not a good thing for such situations. He then went and stuck his head in the van door and just stared at me.. still no eye contact.. he went to my mom's window and stared and yelled something, then back to mine and so forth. He did this for awhile until, my dad stared back at him intimidating him.Creepy gonzales..! After the van started up again we headed to Voi and the ride was squishy but went quickly. We arrived soon , and we had people surrounding us, trying to either sell us things or they were looking at us as if we were bills.. weoo! Typical. We travelled around voi for hours, getting groceries and material, and supplies that the orphanage needed. It did not take long for the day to go by, and soon enough we were heading back and were unpacking. We had played with the kids a bit, but I was just feeling a little weak by the end of the day from malaria and went to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog