Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 29

African Adventures , Day 29
Today was a very laid back day. I woke up early, and did homework and such. After lunch we went into town for a few hours browsing through the market, and the shops looking at material . We came back  and  I practiced my song for a few hours, while Ben was at the studio mixing. Not long after,we went over to the orphanage and hung out with the kids and the other students there. We talked for a bit then as we were talking one of the cows got loose and the kids were chasing it around the orphanage. After awhile we  went home since my parents weren't feeling well and relaxed a bit and have been doing dishes and laundry and stuff since.
I have been recently talking to friends from home, and yah I miss them.. But others aren't so much acting like my friends anymore. They talk about me and think I am criticizing people by saying the truth in all of this and what is happening.  I wish they could see everything to realize i'm just speaking the truth. And I write it down because how else can I express myself to anyone. It's not like I can call Canada all the time telling them all of the sad things I am seeing, and how our world is so messed.. and sometimes very ungrateful. I am saying this because.. well if you could only see.  Of course I am not saying everyone is like that or anyone.But all of the things we have ... is just so sad! Like for example.. the kids toys here consist of  a broken bike tire and a stick to push the bike tire down a hill, or strings to jump over.While back in other countries, kids are spoiled with lots of toys. Also, the clothing they have here is one or two outfits.. and they are not nice fancy. They are dirty with holes. A little boy I had on my lap had a hole in the crotch, and no underwear.. and he was full of dirt. The poor guy has no other clothes. When the kids pee theirselves or something, they are still in the same clothes.. and their mattresses could have bugs and they are foam, so when they would wet the bed they would have to sleep on a dirty mattress. (Thin ripped to pieces and dirty.. while also smelling of urine.) The people here work so, SO hard.. but get so little. They have so much experience because they live such a hard life. The people are SO kind and have the kindest, true hearts. There might be people who are angry, but they are mostly angry because of their hard past. (And you don't find them very often, because the people always have smiles and aren't angry too often) .They are drinking/washing/cooking with swamp water that is dirty.. which I found little fish in mine this morning as I was washing my hair out of the swamp water bucket. I just wish people would see the poverty and all the corrupt things going on. I wish things I wrote down would not offend them.. but they could get the picture a little more.

Comments

  1. Chelsey, don't worry about offending them. They need to be offended, they need to know the truth. North Americans live in their selfish little bubble and they don't understand the poverty, and everything else that goes along with a third world country. If they didn't get offended they wouldn't do anything about it, they'd continue to be apathetic. They'd continue to live in their sheltered little bubble. If they get offended why what you say instead of wanting to do something about it they're not the type of people you want to associate with. You want to have people in your lives that see the injustices, and see the errors in their society and in others and want to help, and want to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.. I just wish the world wouldn't be so oblivious to the outside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog