Skip to main content

Italian Adventures, Day 2, 3,4, &,5.

Italian Adventures, Day 2:

Wanna hear day two? Funny story... I was very jet lagged and slept until 4 pm. OOPS. Hahahaha, guess that is what happens after over 24 hours without sleeping and traveling on planes.  After 4, we decided we would go out into the city for a bit and walk :).

Italian Adventures, Day 3:

As I woke up in the morning, my host parents were away at work, so it was more of a lazy day. I e-mailed back home, and as soon as my host mother arrived home we decided we would go into the city, walk around and look at the beautiful old churches, and we ended the day with some Gelato!

 Italian Adventures, Day 4:

The most memorable day by far. We started out the day with a bit of relaxing, which was nice since I could catch up to myself because I hadn't been sleeping during the nights due to nightmares and uncomfortable beds and blah. Mid-afternoon my host parents and I decided we would take a road trip to the beach. The mediterranean sea!!! We took the car out, and we headed down to my host mom's brother's house with her mother and sister and law. We had some cactus fruit, then decided we would get ready and go kayaking to the big white rocks. We arranged ourselves and set out on our journey. Honestly, I didn't like kayaking before.. until then! We kayaked to the beach area, bathed in the sun by the sea through water and blue skies, and relaxed. I went snorkeling to see the fish and HUGE jellyfish, and swam in the most beautiful water I have ever seen.  The mountains are by the water so it feels like a dream. You open your eyes to the blue sky, blue water, sun, and mountains in behind. Looking into the water .. it's actually... CLEAR! Like nothing you can believe. The houses along the beach side are the coolest, and built with strange material, making circle, but square little huts. After the sun went down, we went to my host mother's sister's house (LOL what) and we enjoyed some fresh bread and brought home some eels to cook up for eel soup. (Actually tasty)  What a day to remember!

Italian Adventures, Day 5:

What a day. Waking up to my Italian accented host mother,   I was curious of what she had planned for today. It had to be something interesting, seeing as my family is quite the bunch haha!! We were going to the mountains.. cool! To pick... mushrooms? LOL , what? We spent the day looking for mushrooms all throughout the mountains. It was so beautiful! But my host mom has a funny obsession with mushrooms so it was also entertaining because we had a tendency to lose her amongst the woods and mushrooms. What kind of mushrooms are we looking for I had wondered.. I honestly didn't know what kind until I picked the biggest one we had all day and they had freaked out. Apparently that's a good mushroom??? I wouldn't know, they talk so fast I get lost and space out. At lunch we headed to their friend's house for dinner, then back out to mushroom picking and by the end of the day we left with like 5 mushrooms hahha and 2 baskets of hazelnuts. However, my host parents friend gave them some more so she was happy with all the shrooms she had. ;)  What a strange day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog