Skip to main content

African Adventures, Day 66

Day 66;
Today we decided we would head into Voi once again. I actually got to sleep in again, and we left around noon. In the car there, we were listening to the radio. On the radio they had played "Winter Wonderland" ,and we laughed because.. well this is not the kind of winter as in Canada that's for sure ! As soon as we arrived we walked around for a bit, to the bank trying to take the well money that people have donated (Thanks to my aunt Sharon :D  and others) and so on. The heat was really getting to us, so we were all very tired it seemed. We got some groceries, and diapers (for the 5 year old named alli.. who pees himself and can't help it D:) and wee actually found some.. yes.. WRAPPING PAPER. As mom and I were walking around waiting for my dad (He was somewhere else)  an old man.. who maybe was begging? Came up to me and grabbed my arm startling me. Mom.. being a mother, went kung fu and practically karate chopped him. He followed for a bit after. (As I avoided eye contact due to creepiness...) We went to a few stores and went around all of the stands, where of course we were approached.. and I just have learned to ignore them. As we were coming back the same guy just randomly threw a bottle at me.. (I dunno what's up with him) The day went quickly, and we got the things we wanted . (But not the money for the well yet, because we have to go in tomorrow for it) And SOON we will have the well fixed up and working with running water in all hopes :D! We ate out at an African restaurant, and decided we would go back home. (I also got my phone back from a driver .. I had left it in his car last week ..whoops!) As soon as we got home I went over next door to the orphanage and since I like to keep my promises I taught the orphans some of my gymnastics, and cheer stuff ;) and they WENT NUTS. They were cheering, screaming, laughing, and everyone loved it :). So I promised I will teach them more things tomorrow, along with dance and singing. Wow! The kids are so talented, and so wonderful with their kind little hearts ! They walked me back to the door, and did  not want me to even go. But since it was dark I had to. For the rest of this evening I spent it with my parents , just having family time. (It's nice to get away from the chaos at night..seeing as we live it 24/7 )
I also have 5 songs to record soon for the 24th... I better get on that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog